Wednesday 11 September 2013

The Tribe

Wow I'm feeling so inspired after an amazing weekend on the beach in Devon.  The Tribal Clash was immense - 100 teams from all over the country and a truly beautiful location.  Crossfit Avon had 5 teams entered (two of which were Masters teams).  The WODs were incredibly hardcore and while a teeny part of me would have loved to be part of the competition, the rest of me was relieved not be sweating blood and tears in the sunshine on the beach.  I did lose my voice cheering and screaming the teams on through their pain and exertion.  The sun shone the whole weekend and the Dartmouth regatta provided the backdrop to the spectacle.
The crossfit Avon camp (competitors and followers) was hard to miss, especially because of the yellow team t-shirts designed by the gorgeous Jules Hawkins.
 It was lovely to spend the evening around a fire pit, cooking clean food with the Avon family, with Dom's tunes banging out and Simon and Katriona mending the competitors after their exhausting day (I don't think I've ever seen so much rock tape!).  I was especially in awe of Cathy Smith who completed the second day with a broken rib.  All in all it was an awe-inspiring weekend (and not just
because of the topless men with their six-packs).



I was very proud to be part of the Avon 'yellow army' that weekend - where one of our teams got to the final and one of our Masters teams won the Masters' competition.  Very much looking forward to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment